1. DISCOMFORT – Some discomfort may be experienced during treatment. During Sclerotherapy, the sclerosing solution is injected through a very fi
ne needle directly into the vein. at this point, you may experience mild discomfort and/or cramp for one to two minutes, especially when larger veins are injected.
2. WOUND HEALING – You may experience certain side effects after sclerotherapy. There are milder effects, such as itching, which can last for one to two da
ys after the procedure. Also, you may experience raised, red areas at the injection site. These should disappear within a few days.
3. BRUISING/SWELLING/INFECTION – Bruising may also occur around the injection site and can last several days or weeks. Additionally, there may be some swelling noted. Finally, skin infection is a possibility although rare, whenever a skin procedure is performed.
4. PIGMENT CHANGES – Brown lines or spots may appear at the vein site. In most cases, they disappear within three to six months.
5. TREATMENT OF LARGE VESSELS – Larger veins that have been injected may become lumpy and hard and may require several months to dissolve and fade.
6. BLOOD VESSELS- The development of new, tiny blood vessels — may occur at the site of sclerotherapy treatment. These tiny veins can appear days or weeks after the procedure but should fade within three to twelve months without further treatment.
7. ALLERGIC REACTION- Allergic reactions to the injection fluid may occur at the time of the procedure and are rarely serious. If you have a history of allergies, you have a great4er chance of experiencing an allergic reaction to the agents. A minor allergic reaction will cause itching and swelling. To avoid any serious complications, your doctor will likely test the agents on a small area before applying the solutions to a larger area.
8. POOR RESULTS- After treatments with sclerotherapy, spider veins generally disappear in three to six weeks while varicose veins may take three to four months to respond. Once gone, the veins do not reappear. But you will probably develop new spider veins at the same rate as before.
What to do before treatment:
For greater results:
9939 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, Ca 92503